NE Region Cheer Coordinator or
NHYFSC Cheer Coordinator with any questions
Hello Coaches and Coordinators,
Congratulations to you and your team on your advancement to the 2018 New England Regional Cheer Championship! The NHYFSC is pleased to host your team(s) this year.
It is important that you read and understand the information provided. Please pass the spectator information to your families. Everyone will have a much better day if they are well prepared for the flow.
We will be having 3 session and running 1 competition floor.
Below are maps of the facility. Please print and bring copies with you. Copies will not be provided at check in.
Teams that are performing for Panel “A” will enter the building on the left back side, Lake Ave/Chestnut Street at the “North VIP/Media entrance” just behind seating 111. After checking in, follow the red arrows to the 2nd level seating provided for the “A” teams; sections 205-209.
Teams that are performing for Panel “B” will enter the building on the right back side, Chestnut Street at the “South VIP/Media entrance” After checking in, follow the blue arrows to the 2nd level seating provided for the “B” teams; sections 219-223.
Please refer to “check in map” for more details.
When should you check in? Check in at least 1 hour before your performance time. Teams that perform between 8:00 and 8:15, please be ready to check in at 7:00 AM, when check in opens. If you perform after 8:15 please give the teams performing before you access to the front of the line at 7AM.
Session I check in 7:00AM – 9:45 AM (please do not arrive before 7AM)
Session II check in 11AM – 2:45PM (please do not arrive before 11AM)
Session III check in 4:00 – 7:45PM (please do not arrive before 4PM)
Teams must arrive competition ready. In uniform, hair done, etc.
ONE CLEAR BAG PER TEAM, OR A CLEAR BIN, Not both. If you attempt to bring extra bags you will be refused entrance.
All cheerleaders and coaches will be going through metal detectors, bags will be searched. No food or drinks may be brought into the arena.
Please arrive as a team. One coach must stay at check-in and wait for any cheerleaders not arriving with the team. The rest of the team and coaches can enter and proceed to the cheer seating area.
Coaches Meeting - Mandatory
Location: Host Hotel-DoubleTree by Hilton, 700 Elm St., Manchester, NH 03101
Room: Three Rivers Ballroom
Date: Friday, November 16, 2018
Check in for coaches meeting: 7:00 P.M. - 7:30 P.M.
Meeting Time: 7:30 P.M.
Only Cheer Coordinators and Head Coaches please.
Wristbands will be issued to coaches and jr. demos at the coaches meeting.
Make sure you have ID on you and a copy of certified roster.
I am excited to be your DJ and emcee for the 2018 AYC Regionals competition in New Hampshire!
There are a tremendous number of teams competing on November 17th. In order to streamline the music submission and loading process, here are the guidelines that must be followed:
1. Music must be submitted via email to
2. Subject line of email must say "AYC Regionals - "
3. Submitted music must be an .mp3 file.
a. (A conversion to .mp3 can be done in iTunes. Highlight the track, then click on File>Convert>Create MP3 Version. The .mp3 version will appear in your iTunes library next to the original. Highlight the .mp3 and then copy it.)
4. Email must include all identifying information for the team - name, comp category (age), color level, etc. (Bedford Bulldogs, div 12 large red)
5. Indicate whether your routine starts with cheer or the music track.
6. Must include contact information (email and phone number) for the coach/asst. coach.
7. Must be submitted by Tuesday, November 13th to guarantee being loaded in time for the competition.
8. Coaches must bring backup music on day of competition on an iPhone/iPod or Android.
a. If backup method is needed – or music is not submitted in time – the team must provide a person to operate the device/play the music track who stays at the DJ table for the entirety of the routine.
9. I will confirm receipt of music to each organization and let folks know if there are any issues. I likely will start processing the submissions on or around Nov. 8th.
On day of competition, I will not start a track until I get the cue to do so from the coach. This cue should be a raised hand so there is no question that it is the music cue. I will have a line of sight to the coaches’ chairs at each mat, but cannot guarantee I won’t be off to the side or behind you – so hand high in the air, please!
Congratulations on making it to Regionals…I can’t wait to see what you bring!
Teams need to get to warm ups on their own, they will not be called down or escorted down. Please refer to the map titled “to stretching area” Once downstairs, teams will line up in order of performance and cycle through warm ups. You should be in the warm up area 10 minutes before your warm up time.
These are the warm-up stations:
* waiting to get on stretching mats. This is a great time to get them warmed up by jogging in place
* They will then have 4 minutes on the stretching mats. No jumping, tumbling, stunting, etc.
* Next they will follow the orange arrows on the map to get on the tumble/Jump/stunt mats – less than 1 minute so don’t stop for bathroom breaks.
* Tumble/Jump/Stunt mats – 4 minutes providing you arrive on time. Here you can do what you want
* They will then wait in the tunnel to take the 9 mats, this wait is about 1 minute
* They will then be called to the 9 panels of practice mats for 4 minutes. This is a quiet run through without music or loud voices. Do not attempt to do a 2nd run through.
*,The last station is 4 minutes on 3 mats to work on what you want.
* The last spot is waiting to perform, approximately 12 minutes of cool down prior to performance. Please keep them together and quiet. There is very little room for teams in the warm up area. Please review “flow from warm up to performance” map
After your performance is completed, please move your team along so we can stay on schedule